“We always try to say don’t fix what isn’t broke, which applies to many things in life, but is applicable to ads too, because you may think, “Oh, I can get my CPM lower by trying a different audience.” Well, that audience may click all day long, or they may be supercheap to reach, but they don’t convert. So you’ve fixed your CPM, but you’ve sacrificed
your CPA. So if your CPA is good, don’t worry too much about the rest of your funnel.“
What do you do when your funnel is broken? Till founders Davey and Ryan (Jesse sat this one out) come together in this episode to walk you through the steps you should take to troubleshoot your funnel. Ryan explains why your funnel may just be leaky-not broken, why a high CPM doesn’t always mean there’s a problem, and the easiest way you can improve your click through rate.
If you’ve been wondering where to start if something in your funnel seems off, listen in.
In this episode…
- [01:44] Ryan explains the difference between a broken funnel and a leaky one
- [03:33] What’s the first step you should take if you think your funnel might be broken?
- [04:30] Davey shares an important step to take to make sure your content displays properly
- [05:10] Ryan shares what should be checked in events manager after you’ve determined there aren’t any issues from a customer facing perspective
- [05:45] What metrics should you look at if there’s an issue with your funnel?
- [06:58] Ryan explains why a high CPM (cost per one thousand impressions) isn’t always something you should fix
- [07:59] What should you do if your CPA (cost per acquisition) is too high?
- [08:42] Ryan talks about one of the best ways to reduce your CPM
- [09:43] Learn the easiest and best way to improve your click through rate
- [11:38] Ryan explains what you should do if your if your ad metrics look ok, but something still isn’t working
- [13:26] Learn the most common issues the Till team sees with landing pages
- [15:35] Ryan shares how you can use Facebook’s built in system to create custom metrics for your ad account
- [17:54] Learn the biggest thing you can do to continually optimize your funnel
About Davey and Ryan…
Davey’s superpower is making connections—whether it’s relationally (the kid loves to network) or connecting ideas. He obsesses over problems until they’re solved, and can’t help but constantly be testing out and learning new things.
We call Ryan ‘The Engineer’… mostly because he’s actually an engineer who has managed complex civil projects that result in roads and highways that thousands of drivers depend on each year. But also because he’s the one building campaigns, studying metrics, and putting together reports.
Where to follow Davey, and Ryan:
Interested in working with Till Agency?
Schedule a free discovery call to learn how we can serve your business!