When it comes to advertising your small business, Facebook and Instagram steal the spotlight.
But what about some other digital ad platforms… like Pinterest?
Here at Till, we recommend a variety of paid advertising strategies for our clients, depending on their goals. Along with Facebook and Instagram ads, we specialize in Google, YouTube, TikTok, and, yes, Pinterest ads!
Wondering whether Pinterest is right for YOUR business? Keep reading!
What Even ARE Pinterest Ads?
For starters, let’s define what Pinterest is… and what it’s NOT.
- Pinterest is NOT: A social media platform. Sure, there’s a social component, but more people are using the platform for another reason…
- Pinterest IS: A search engine! Yep, people use Pinterest to research ideas and even buy products — making it the perfect place to show off your stuff.
Advertising on Pinterest combines the best of both worlds.
You can create beautiful ads that appear in people’s feeds and cause them to “stop the scroll” — like Facebook or Instagram ads.
You can ALSO use effective SEO tactics to reach people who are searching for topics related to your business — like Google or Bing ads.
What Are the Benefits of Pinterest Ads?
Here are just a handful of reasons to consider advertising on Pinterest:
- Pinterest is growing. Despite what you may think, Pinterest is STILL huge — with more monthly active users than Twitter and Snapchat combined. 🤯 Pinterest is especially popular among millennial women and moms.
- Pinterest ads are cheaper AND more effective. People use Pinterest with the intent to make a purchase (unlike FB or IG, where they use the platform to be entertained). Pinners are 3x more likely to click through to your website — AND Pinterest ads are 2.3x cheaper per conversion — than any other platform.
- It’s perfect for “visual” businesses. Given the image- and video-centric nature of Pinterest, it’s the ideal place to advertise your aesthetic products or brand. In fact, 89% use Pinterest for purchase inspiration.
Are Pinterest Ads Right for YOUR Business?
So, what do you think? Want to give Pinterest ads a shot for YOUR business?
If you’re even the tiniest bit curious, we recommend at least testing the waters.
As long as you’re willing to do a little keyword research and make sure your content serves the searcher’s intent (instead of JUST being pretty), Pinterest ads can pay off big time.
Just ask some of our clients. 😉
Got questions about Pinterest ads? Get in touch here. You know we love answering your Qs!